Bowdoinham Community School Fund
The Bowdoinham Community School Fund was established in 1993 when Paul Burns retired after 28 years as School Principal. Principal Burns had maintained a small scholarship fund at the school, which came largely from the school’s vending machine profits. These residual funds combined with contributions from the community were used to establish this fund.
The Bowdoinham Community School first opened its doors in 1955, serving 5th through 8th grade students with four classrooms. In the early 1970’s, the 3-5 Wing and Gymnasium were added and in 1991 the K-2 Wing was built. Currently, the School serves Kindergarten through 5th grade students.
Awards from this fund are based on student financial need, after which recipients are requested to be residents of the Town of Bowdoinham or graduates of the Bowdoinham Community School.